Thursday, October 2, 2014

Actual conversation between body parts this morning

Ears: Guys....hey, guys... does anyone else hear music?

Rest of body: Mmmrph. Shut up.

Left hand: I'm asleep...

Rest of body: We all are. Shut up...

Left hand: No...that's not what I mean...

:silence:

Ears: da-da-da-da, dum-tee, dum-tee... I swear I know this song, too...

Rest of body: Shut. Up.

Lower abdomen: Ow. ibuprofin, please?

Rest of body: We are not moving. Shut up.

Left hand: I'd really appreciate it if you'd move me...

Rest of body: GO BACK TO SLEEP!

Left hand: *sigh*

:silence:

Right big toe: :taps in rhythm:...

Ears: See!? Yeah, this is where it goes to the fast part... why does it sound like it's so far away?

2 cells in brain capable of rational thought at that hour: That sounds like a song we have loaded on the iPod. Isn't that the one we use as an alarm in the mornings?

Left hand: *PRICKLE*

Rest of body: OW, wtf?!?!?

Left hand: I =told= you I was asleep...

Control center: Left shoulder, elbow! Get that circulation moving again!!

Another small part of brain: Wait... who said something about an alarm?? Yeah, that does sound far away...

Ears:  I told you so...

2 cells capable of rational thought: It might sound like that if it were buried in our purse...

Panic center: ZOMFG, what time is it?!?!?!?!

Body: all right, all right... :rummages through purse:

Eyes: Panic's over...we haven't overslept!!

Left index finger:  Initiating sequence!!! :hits snooze:

Rest of body, lying down again: Ahhhh...zzzzz....

Lower abdomen: You =could= have gotten me some ibuprofin just now, since you were up...

No comments:

Post a Comment